Re: Calculate download sizes rather than hardcoding them (issue 56734004

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Calculate download sizes rather than hardcoding them (issue 567340043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 13:49:46 -0700

On 2020/03/08 20:45:46, dak wrote:
> On 2020/03/08 20:25:50, hahnjo wrote:
> > A general question that I'm probably just unable to find in the
script: As far
> > as I understand the documentation file changes, this will include
download
> sizes
> > for both stable and devel releases. How is this going to work for a
single
> > source tree that is either stable or devel?
>
> I have no idea and have not received relevant input for it.  So my own
strategy
> is to let it go in and see what happens.  There is some info regarding
website
> building in the CG but it hasn't been touched for a long time.  Note
that the
> half-way failure mode of this patch is to leave HTML comments in the
pages.  So
> we get to see which pages get the comments, and which pages get actual
sizes.

Ah, SGTM. No sizes might be better than wrong ones and maybe we don't
really need them if it turns out to be too hard?

https://codereview.appspot.com/567340043/diff/573610046/scripts/build/fix-docsize.sh

https://codereview.appspot.com/567340043/diff/573610046/scripts/build/fix-docsize.sh#newcode68
> > scripts/build/fix-docsize.sh:68: sed -i -e "$script" $sourcefiles
> > "sed -i" is not portable and doesn't work on FreeBSD and macOS IIRC.
I didn't
> > check the other commands in here, but I'm sure for that one.
>
> Well, maybe, but:
>
> git grep 'sed -i'
> Documentation/GNUmakefile:      sed -i -e 's/ISOLANG *= *fr/ISOLANG =
> $(ISOLANG)/' $(ISOLANG)/GNUmakefile
> Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi:sed -i -r
> 's/[0-9a-z]@{40@}/NEW-COMMITTISH/' *.texidoc
> scripts/auxiliar/update-patch-version.sh:git grep --name-only $1 |
xargs sed -i
> -e s/$1/$2/g
> stepmake/stepmake/po-targets.make:      sed -i '1,2d'
$(po-outdir)/$(package).po
> stepmake/stepmake/po-targets.make:      sed -i -e 's/^\# This file is
> distributed.*/$(sed-header)/' $(po-outdir)/$(package).po
> stepmake/stepmake/po-targets.make:      sed -i -e 's/^\"Content-Type:
> text\/plain.*/$(sed-content)/' $(po-outdir)/$(package).po
>
> At least the stuff in po-targets.make looks like it might get executed
on normal
> builds.  Only glanced over the files, though.

Hm okay, never mind then. As a plain build (no docs) is working on
FreeBSD, I guess we're not coming across these ;-)

https://codereview.appspot.com/567340043/