Re: config.status has been broken by issue 5780 "Accept GUILE 2 without

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: config.status has been broken by issue 5780 "Accept GUILE 2 without extra configure options"
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 13:51:26 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 08.03.2020, 13:37 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
> At any rate, can we focus on the issue at hand rather than building our
> strawmen from straw of future harvests?  We have a current issue that
> has already bitten several not-completely-stupid developers (even if you
> disagree with that characterisation, we just cannot afford further
> restricting the qualifications for being allowed to work with LilyPond),
> so it is reasonable to assume that it will affect also people outside of
> the core team.
>
> This issue is a lot less likely with things other than libguile.

How about the attached change? This attempts to locate the .pc file
next to guile-config and tries to be very transparent about this. If it
finds a directory, it restricts pkg-config to look only there. This
should work with non-default installations of Guile, at least it works
for a test setup on my machine.

Jonas