Re: Fix test target name in python/GNUmakefile (issue 581770043 by addre

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Fix test target name in python/GNUmakefile (issue 581770043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 14:12:35 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/581770043/diff/571840081/scripts/build/output-distance.py
File scripts/build/output-distance.py (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/581770043/diff/571840081/scripts/build/output-distance.py#oldcode1074
scripts/build/output-distance.py:1074: print('writing %s' % filename)
On 2020/03/07 19:08:22, Dan Eble wrote:
> Before, this would have been printed whether the output was set to
verbose or
> terse.  Now, it will only be printed when set to verbose (because
> open_write_file() logs with log_verbose()).  (If that's what you want,
OK.)

yes, that sounds right. It seems consistent, because we don't write
progress for the .html page either.

https://codereview.appspot.com/581770043/diff/571840081/scripts/build/output-distance.py
File scripts/build/output-distance.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/581770043/diff/571840081/scripts/build/output-distance.py#newcode733
scripts/build/output-distance.py:733: log_terse ('creating %s' %
outfile)
On 2020/03/07 19:08:22, Dan Eble wrote:
> open_write_file() now logs "writing ..." but you changed this to
"creating ...".
>  What's the reason for the distinction?

I found the phrasing confusing (it suggests a copying process as in
reading and writing), while it's actually generating the image from
scratch.

https://codereview.appspot.com/581770043/