Re: Accept GUILE 2 without extra configure options (issue 569390043 by a

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Accept GUILE 2 without extra configure options (issue 569390043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 12:41:44 +0100

> On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 2:20 AM <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> getting there.  And as long as Guile-2.2 crashes frequently with
>> segfaults when used within LilyPond,
>
> Can you file a bug report for any remaining Guile 2.2 crashes? I am
> not aware of any.

Just recently two segfaults in Patchy.  Since I don't get more than
"signal 11" in the log files, there is nothing worth filing.  And since
they occur intermittently and not reproducibly within the large runs of
make doc, they will be related to garbage collection and thus even core
dumps will be of comparatively little utility.  Since running Patchy on
Guile-2.2 takes a performance hit of about 40% (that's where my recent
prolonged doc run times were from) and ends up unreliable as well as not
representative for 1.8, still our main target, I am not too enthused
about running Patchy frequently on Guile-2.x with core dumps enabled
(set ulimit -c 1000000 or so).

How often do you run make doc?

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".