Re: Final 2.20.0 countdown to rollout

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Final 2.20.0 countdown to rollout
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 19:38:51 +0100

Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 29/02/2020 à 02:04, David Kastrup a écrit :
>> I've merged to stable/2.20.  I'd say that Phil has the green light
>> to start rolling 2.20 from Saturday noon UTC, and he has green light
>> to upload on Sunday noon UTC.  That leaves us with some window for
>> release-blocking objections (other than the obvious blocker of GUB
>> refusing to build, of course) without wasting too much effort.  Or
>> time.
>>

> Too bad that I missed the window between Federico's last update and
> the merge into stable/2.20. I would have liked an up to date
> translations status page before building the release and reflect what
> has been done between May 2019 and now.

Darn, I forgot that.  It's not like you did not mention it.  I really
have a memory like a sieve.

Well, it's not getting lost, is it?  If we update documentation in
master, it ends up on the web page, right?

> I think it should even be part of the process, like I did some years
> ago with the integration of "PO: update template".

Phil was fuzzy on the process, I couldn't provide much help, and the CG
seemed mostly out of date.  Maybe I should have shopped around more for
information or paid better attention.