Re: ly:page-turn-breaking core dumps

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: ly:page-turn-breaking core dumps
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 23:25:49 +0100

Pierre-Luc Gauthier <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Is there anyone on this list who would be willing to help this bug
> along? I will gladly pay for this feature to be working again might
> any of you be interested. I have 9 full orchestra+chorus projects to
> render by… well its already in rehearsal :) and most of them displays
> the bug.
>
> tl,dr;
> LilyPond core dumps it seems in the ly:page-turn-breaking algorithm.

You can always compile using

-DNDEBUG

and thus disable assertions.  And then cross all the fingers you have
that LilyPond does something that is less harmful than aborting.

It's conceivable that this could be turned into a programming error,
namely something that should not occur but does not keep LilyPond from
taking a reasonable course of action.