Re: 2.20.0 release coordination with translation. Other showstoppers?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 2.20.0 release coordination with translation. Other showstoppers?
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 12:28:43 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

>> But it doesn't make sense to point VERSION_DEVEL to documentation that
>> is actually older than that of 2.20, does it?
>>
>> I do not really know what is correct here with respect to our
>> semi-automatic webpage update mechanism.  I just remember that we had
>> problems last time round.
>>
>> -- David Kastrup
>

> I think it needs to point to documentation that actually exists, since
> we won't be building for the development version.  There's no reason
> not to launch a 2.21 fairly soon afterwards, and the problem you're
> citing would then go away.

The 2.21 release depends on merging the translation work back in.  I
probably should start with that already: we don't have many outstanding
contributions there I guess.

Too bad I never understood how git-rerere is supposed to work.

On 2.21.0 the documentation translations will be outdated.  That is
expected.  But they need to compile anyway.