Re: Use $(MAKE) instead of 'make' in lilypond-book regtests (issue 56940

From: dak
Subject: Re: Use $(MAKE) instead of 'make' in lilypond-book regtests (issue 569400043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 15:29:15 -0800

On 2020/02/22 23:18:43, hanwenn wrote:
> On 2020/02/22 23:17:50, hanwenn wrote:
> > you were already potentially in a state where you have 3 jobs each
spawning 3
> > lp-book invocations,
>
> whoops, I mean: 3 lp-book invocations spawning 3 lilypond subprocesses
each, for
> 9 in total.

Considering that I build with CPU_COUNT=9 make -j9 I am pretty sure that
I'd have noticed if that were happening so far.  I may have a nice
number of cores (4) and memory considered plentiful (16GB) for a laptop,
but 81 parallel instances of LilyPond would certainly bring this system
to its knees.

https://codereview.appspot.com/569400043/