Re: Staging broken.

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Staging broken.
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 09:33:22 +0100

Le mer. 19 févr. 2020 à 09:08, David Kastrup <address@hidden> a écrit :

Color me curious: why would you try building staging?  The whole point
> of the staging system was to avoid breakage for developers.  Only patchy
> processes are supposed to care about staging.

Master didn't compile, and I tried staging next. But I see now that this
doesn't make much sense as staging is more likely to break.

I don't remember what exactly kept Master from compiling yesterday - when I
tried later it worked. But anyway, my stupid procedure enabled me to
confirm that Staging broke with the same error that you encountered.

By the way: does it make sense to compile and use the stable/2.20 branch
for my everyday work (beta testing, so to speak)?

Lukas