Re: Add Code of Conduct [Another RFC or not now?]

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct [Another RFC or not now?]
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 18:09:04 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2020 5:50 PM

However, I'd like to hear from David Kastrup and James Lowe
first. To me, their opposition registered as the strongest.

I remain strongly opposed to a CoC.

Hmm.  What about simply using the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines,
maybe adding 'LilyPond' at some strategic places?

   Werner

I've not read them, so can't immediately comment.

FWIW I had substantial experience of managing commercial developments (1,500 developers, over $200M annual budget).

Every now and then HR would tell us we needed things like this, and force us all onto training courses. It just wasted time. The best solution is always understanding and taking things easy.

--
Phil Holmes