Re: Remaining sprint for the release of version 2.20

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Remaining sprint for the release of version 2.20
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 00:39:49 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> Werner basically is the person most affected by changes I have not
>> yet cherry-picked because of problems, changes that likely would be
>> a good idea to have in 2.20.
>>
>> Those are his extensive indexing review, and reworks of several
>> examples.  The indexing review is hard to apply to the by now
>> significantly from master diverged stable/2.20, and with the reworks
>> of the examples I am not sure whether they need to be accompanied by
>> changes to the lilypond-extra archive.
>
> As far as I know, the only larger problem could be the file renaming I
> did for consistency reasons, but this can be easily avoided.

Ah, darn it, now I remember.  The web pages are built from master
anyway, so whatever I pick into stable is not even affected, and we
sorted this out long ago in the past.

> I could try to cherry-pick my own patches into 2.20 – this is, I
> prepare a set of commits and send them to you for further testing.
> Does this sound reasonable?

I'll just pick the examples, they will likely go quite clean.

But if you think about what you want to do about the indexing, that
would be really a thing.  Especially if the translators should get a
chance at picking those up yet.