Fw: Assessment of Allura at SourceForge

From: Trevor
Subject: Fw: Assessment of Allura at SourceForge
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 11:36:44 +0000

Hi Federico

I've fished the mail below out of my archive. It shows the assessment I made of Allura before starting the migration. You might find this useful as a set of points to consider.

I was amazed to find I carried out this migration as a temporary stop-gap to avoid losing all our database in the summer of 2015 - almost 5 years ago - when Google dropped their !

In spite of the good match it still took me almost three months of quite hard work to bring the migration to a successful conclusion. The main problem was getting a reliable and complete migration of all the data - including correct numbering, full text of comments, contributor names, and images (particularly tricky). Because the data transfer took many hours it frequently broke before completing. I needed the help of the Allura devs several times to overcome various problems. They were particularly responsive and helpful.

Let me know if you'd like any more info.

Trevor