Re: Grow heap aggressively during music interpretation (issue 561390043

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Grow heap aggressively during music interpretation (issue 561390043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 12:58:24 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/557260051/lily/include/score-engraver.hh
File lily/include/score-engraver.hh (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/557260051/lily/include/score-engraver.hh#newcode33
lily/include/score-engraver.hh:33: GC_word last_gc_count_;
On 2020/02/01 10:55:50, Dan Eble wrote:
> FYI: Because we're using C++11 now, you have the option of providing
the default
> value of this member right here.
>
>   GC_word last_gc_count_ = -1;
>
> If you did that, you wouldn't have to mention this member in any
constructors.
> IMO it would be even better than usual in this case because it would
get rid of
> a preprocessor conditional in the cc file.

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/557260051/lily/score-engraver.cc
File lily/score-engraver.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/557260051/lily/score-engraver.cc#newcode174
lily/score-engraver.cc:174: #include <gc.h>
On 2020/02/01 10:55:50, Dan Eble wrote:
> It would be better to move this to the top, or if there is a reason it
can't be
> moved to the top, to comment.  Includes in the middle of a file can
frustrate
> maintainers on occasion when someone uses a namespace or defines
file-scope
> things before them that conflict with what's in them.

moved to lily-guile.{cc,hh}

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/diff/557260051/lily/score-engraver.cc#newcode199
lily/score-engraver.cc:199: if (reclaimed < 0.2) {
On 2020/02/01 10:55:50, Dan Eble wrote:
> TODO (?) make this threshold configurable

1) Before we make this fancy, I'd rather see GUILE 2.x working fully.
I've added a note on how to disable this as a comment for now.

2) if people want to configure this locally, they should just set
GC_MAX_HEAPSIZE to their amount of RAM available.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561390043/