Motivational statistics

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Motivational statistics
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 00:59:30 +0100

Hi all,

I wanted to get a better understanding from my impression of the
significant increase in traffic on lilypond-devel.

For this I did some statistics on James' "PATCHES - Countdown"
messages. Since patches are counted multiple times while flowing
through the process I think the only relevant metric is the "New"
section, and this should not be calculated by the countdown message but
averaged by day. And the results are convincing:

Four weeks leading to the Salzburg conference:
0,32 new patches per day

Since Salzburg:
1,46 patches per day

Of course these are no scientifically hardened results - but they match
the feeling of excited frenzy visible on this list. However sustainable
the effect may be, the short term impact of the developer meeting and
the conference seems to have been remarkable.

Urs