Re: github mirror of lilypond?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: github mirror of lilypond?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 07:20:30 +0100 (CET)

> While that may be true, there are already GNU projects using GitHub
> as their host, for example gnucash and gnuradio.

Gnucash uses github as a mirror only, see

  https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git#code.gnucash.org

But gnuradio admittedly uses github.  I'm 100% sure that if RMS knew
that he would ask them immediately to move the source to a host that
is more GNU-compliant.

However, there is nothing bad with mirroring at github, so it's OK if
LilyPond does the same.

> As it stands, GitLab would probably be a more viable candidate to
> look at than GitHub.

I agree.  IMHO, the main repository should stay at Savannah, though.

    Werner