Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 08:29:15 +0100

Am Freitag, den 10.01.2020, 01:07 -0500 schrieb Marnen Laibow-Koser:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 1:03 AM Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > There is one lingering problem: when LilyPond calls Guile, Guile is
> > > not finding the library files specified in load-extension
> > > expressions, even though they *should* be in the right place.
> > > Before I go too crazy searching, does anyone know what controls this
> > > path choice?  I'm assuming it may be a compilation option for the
> > > LilyPond binary, but I really don't know.
> >
> > Here's a link to the script MacPorts is using to call lilypond.
> >

> > https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/textproc/lilypond-devel/files/lilypond.in
> >
> > It seems you have to set LDTL_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> I saw that, of course, but I’m not sure what that variable even is.  In
> particular, I have no reason to believe that it affects Guile’s load
> path...but I’ll try it and see.  Thanks for the reminder.
>
> I *think* that the Guile load path is the last issue standing between me and
> a self-contained 64-bit Mac .app bundle.  Everything else appears to be
> working.

From my experiments, this is where LilyPond's relocation kicks in. I
think you have to provide .reloc files in etc/relocation, that's also
what GUB does. It allows to dynamically set environment variables, in
this case GUILE_LOAD_PATH.
To point you to the next error in advance: You have to do the same for
Fontconfig or it can't find its config file 😉

Hope this helps,
Jonas