Re: Cleanup initialization of configure process (issue 549350043 by addr

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Cleanup initialization of configure process (issue 549350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 11:49:22 -0800

On 2020/01/08 19:40:06, c_sorensen wrote:
How about

AC_INIT([LilyPond],m4_esyscmd(echo `VERSION.AC'))

The documentation says it is permissible to use m4_esyscmd as part of
the
package information strings in AC_INIT.

Carl

Not quite, but a variation seems to work. However I find this so ugly
that I'm not willing to pursue this direction. The documentation says
AC_INIT should be called with constant arguments, and we're again trying
to find ways around it :-(

https://codereview.appspot.com/549350043/