Re: questions about LilyPond dependencies

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: questions about LilyPond dependencies
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 13:14:41 +0100 (CET)

>> 2. ./configure found mpost but it's complaining about missing
>>    metapost CTAN package.  Should I be worried about this error?

Yes, you should be worried if you are building lilypond.  It means
that the `mpost` binary could be found, but not its basic input files
like `mfplain.mp`.

>>    Can I skip the error and see what happens?

You won't be able to build the fonts.  In case you are not building
lilypond (this is, using pre-built fonts) you don't need metapost at
all.

    Werner