Re: LilyDev observations

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyDev observations
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:57:01 +0100

Il giorno sab 30 nov 2019 alle 22:40, address@hidden ha scritto:
I had an old LilyDev system, I got errors when running ./configure.

So I decided to download a new image.

During this process I discovered a lot of issues in both documentation and
the product itself.

Hi Jaap

I'm sorry for the time you had to lose...
I think that you would have not had most of your problems if I had made a new release¹ and you had read the documentation on Github instead of on lilypond.org. (I've always thought that LilyPond documentation about LilyDev is too detailed and therefore hard to maintain if LilyDev changes.. but I'm the one to blame as I forgot to make a new release)

I'm really short of time in this period, but I'll try to make a new LilyDev release sooner or later. In the meanwhile, if you are a Linux user, you may want to try installing mkosi and build a new image by yourself.
Look at mkosi/Makefile.

¹ https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/compare/v0.3...master