RE: create code tests

From: lilypond
Subject: RE: create code tests
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 22:20:23 +0100

From: Dan Eble <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2019 4:51 PM
To: address@hidden
Cc: lilypond-devel <address@hidden>

On Nov 28, 2019, at 19:22, Dan Eble <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> >
wrote:

Well, step one is to avoid intertwining the existing xml->ly test
infrastructure with the new ly->xml test infrastructure.  I would put ly->xml
test input in a different directory.  I would probably also plan to rename
input/regression/musicxml to input/regression/musicxml2ly, but I don't see a
good reason to spend time on that until the new tests are established.

(I have to go now.  I'll continue later.)

How comfortable are you working with makefiles?  I could give you an outline of
how I would approach adding ly->xml tests, but it would not be very detailed
and would probably still require some problem solving.  It might be less work
all around for me to set up makefile rules with placeholder commands that you
can then modify.

—

Dan

[>]

I am familiar with the use of makefile. So if you can give me directions with
some placeholder commands, or comment at the right place in the makefile (s)

However, I am less familiar with the use of autoconf etc.

Another question:

Is it possible for me to create my own branch on the git-repository?

I have a already have a developer account, but that is an sourceforge account,
and git is hosted on savannah?

At this moment I do not want to put it in staging yet, but it is better for the
community that my effort is on the community git repository,

And it is easier to do a full build test.

I did try to push my own branch, but I did get a ‘not allowed’ answer, after
logging in.

Jaap