Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 18:14:14 +0200

> On 19 Oct 2019, at 17:30, Jahrme Risner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 19:08, Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Awesome, thanks; I’ll try it when I get a chance. I still want to get an
>> .app bundle built, but it’s good to know that the mdmg approach actually
>> works as advertised. :)
>
> If you would like to see for yourself how the MacPorts build works, I have
> included a script to automate the entire process. I haven’t tested it in the
> last couple weeks (currently I’m away from my Mac), but I’m not aware of
> anything that should have changed.
>
> I would actually be quite interested in how long it takes on the MacStadium
> image. I have also been toying with the idea of trying to get some automated
> builds created using Tavis CI, but haven’t had time what with a new job and
> moving, plus I think as it is now it might not fall into the allotted time
> for free builds.

As port knows how to use full paths, it suffices to use ${install_dir}/port to
selfupdate and mpkg on; then the export PATH seems unnecessary. In addition,
more than one selfupdate may be required.  Otherwise, normally the local path
should be ahead of the system paths, making sure to override the typically
older system software.