Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 11:33:46 -0400

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM Jahrme Risner <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 19:08, Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> Awesome, thanks; I’ll try it when I get a chance. I still want to get an
> .app bundle built, but it’s good to know that the mdmg approach actually
> works as advertised. :)
>
> If you would like to see for yourself how the MacPorts build works, I have
> included a script to automate the entire process. I haven’t tested it in
> the last couple weeks (currently I’m away from my Mac), but I’m not aware
> of anything that should have changed.

Good to know.  Thanks.

> I would actually be quite interested in how long it takes on the
> MacStadium image.

I may try it there at some point, but right now I’m focusing on GUB
dependencies.  I got Perl to build; right now I’m working with GNU file,
which isn’t finding libz1.2.3 in the right place.  (Anyone know how to
massage the library flags to get this to work?)

I have also been toying with the idea of trying to get some automated
> builds created using Tavis CI, but haven’t had time what with a new job and
> moving, plus I think as it is now it might not fall into the allotted time
> for free builds.

That was my experience with the Travis instance I set up.  It’s attached to
the GitHub LilyPond mirror, and you can look at the build history.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser address@hidden http://www.marnen.org Sent from Gmail
Mobile