Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Jahrme Risner
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 15:30:25 +0000

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 19:08, Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden> wrote:

> Awesome, thanks; I’ll try it when I get a chance. I still want to get an .app
> bundle built, but it’s good to know that the mdmg approach actually works as
> advertised. :)

If you would like to see for yourself how the MacPorts build works, I have
included a script to automate the entire process. I haven’t tested it in the
last couple weeks (currently I’m away from my Mac), but I’m not aware of
anything that should have changed.

I would actually be quite interested in how long it takes on the MacStadium
image. I have also been toying with the idea of trying to get some automated
builds created using Tavis CI, but haven’t had time what with a new job and
moving, plus I think as it is now it might not fall into the allotted time for
free builds.

Script:

#!/bin/sh

ly_version=2.19.83

mp_version=2.6.1

install_dir=/opt/lilypond/${ly_version}

mp_url=https://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/MacPorts-${mp_version}.tar.bz2

##################################

# Download and install macports. #

##################################

export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

curl -L -s ${mp_url} | tar xf -

cd MacPorts-${mp_version}

./configure --without-startupitems --prefix=${install_dir}
--with-applications-dir=${install_dir}/Applications

make

sudo make install

# Build the metapackage (.mkpg) #

export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:${install_dir}/bin

sudo port -N selfupdate

sudo port -N mpkg lilypond-devel