Re: Issue 5578: Add a button to flip between old and new regtest images

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 5578: Add a button to flip between old and new regtest images (issue 566920043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 05:43:53 -0700

On 2019/10/19 06:08:51, lemzwerg wrote:
Very nice, thanks!

Thanks for all your reviewing time lately.

Wouldn't it be better/more convenient/more compact to write the CSS
stuff into
the HTML file, too?

The style is also used for the "details" files, e.g.

http://faithful.be/tmp/test-results/input/regression/out-test/rest-dot-position.details.html

So I think it makes more sense to leave it external.

Otherwise I can imagine to provide `style.css` in the
source tree, to be not generated at all.

We could probably say the same for the JavaScript.  Viewing things as
they are, that's not a bad idea; however, there was a point during this
task where I almost introduced differences in the CSS based on the
--no-compare-images option.  I decided I had more useful tasks to get on
with, but I don't want to move the CSS to its own file and learn later
that it wasn't well considered.

https://codereview.appspot.com/566920043/