Re: 64 bit

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: 64 bit
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 19:18:22 +0200 (CEST)

>> What dependency?
>
> The port lilypond-devel has been updates now to using gcc9 as a
> build dependency; earlier today, it was gcc8.

Yep.

> But port lilypond does not have any gcc, nor libgcc as library
> dependency.  The latter is perhaps required for a standalone
> package.

Why do you think that?  `gcc' is only a build dependency, and the
dependency on the special c++ library needed by gcc is not reported
explicitly by `port info', as far as I can know.

You can test the presence of the right c++ library very easily: If the
`lilypond' binary in the mpkg bundle (built with a different MacPorts
prefix) can be executed, it is present.  Alternatively, use

  otool -L /path/to/lilypond

and check whether the used C++ DLL is present in the mpkg bundle.

    Werner