Re: Issue 5565: simplify python-related makefiles (issue 581080044 by ad

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 5565: simplify python-related makefiles (issue 581080044 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 05:02:58 -0700

On 2019/10/03 04:27:01, lemzwerg wrote:
Looking into the info file of make it seems that DELETE_ON_ERROR has a
global
meaning.  If this is true I suggest that you put it into the topmost
make file.

The thought crossed my mind, but there's a lot I don't yet know about
this build system, and I was worried that that change might impact a
workflow in an area I haven't tested.

It looks like make/stepmake.make is an appropriate place to put it,
near where ".SECONDARY:" appears.  I will try moving it there in a
separate commit and test the python rules again.  If any undesirable
side effects are discovered later, only the second commit will need to
be reverted.

https://codereview.appspot.com/581080044/