Re: GSoC in contemporary notations

From: Tsz Kiu Pang
Subject: Re: GSoC in contemporary notations
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:48:31 +1100

Hi Urs,

Whether or not I'll be suitable to participate in GSoC, I am keen to dive
into openlilylib.

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 at 17:58, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

> What you should do now is:
>
>   * [of course dive more into Scheme]
>   * get an understanding of openLilyLib with
>     a) https://github.com/openlilylib/oll-core/wiki
>     b) the code in that repository
>     c) looking at how other openLilyLib packages are built within that
>     infrastructure
>   * Form an idea how a contemporary notation package could be approached
>     and discuss that with us
>   * Find some small things you could do to openLilyLib package(s) to a)
>     practice and b) give us an opportunity to assess your work. If we
>     have some idea about your current familiarity with the matter we can
>     find some suggestions for that.

I was looking at the issues page on oll-core and there were a couple that
you opened two weeks ago.
Also, it seems like there is quite a number of TODOs in the codes (in
oll-core/scheme, oll-core/util, and oll-core/internal).
I am just wondering would these be "some small things" that I can do to the
oll package?

Kind regards,
Tsz Kiu