Re: Can GUB-build stable/2.20 [was Re: Still cannot build GUB with stabl

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Can GUB-build stable/2.20 [was Re: Still cannot build GUB with stable/2.20 branch]
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:50:20 +0100

On Fri, 2019-03-22 at 13:41 +0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> The website is now also updated - I had previously forgotten that I
> would
> need to update news and VERSION etc. in staging and master.  This has
> to be
> done because the website is built from master automatically.

Great!

I'm a bit puzzled by the news items history, and also by the difference
in the order of items between the short list on the home page and the
news page. This may be intentional, though.

On the Git branches side, the name stable/test didn't make its purpose
obvious from its name, even if I can understand it if we think about
how hard we have fought for months with building binaries; should you
routinely merge stable/test into stable/2.20, or is this up to David?
I'm asking this mostly for preparing an update in the CG.

Best,
John