Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 18:44:23 +0100

> On 9 Mar 2019, at 18:32, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Thanks for testing it!

You are welcome!

>> I made a standalone version using 'port mdmg lilypond-devel' which
>> results in a lilypond-devel-2.19.82_4.dmg, on MacOS 10.13.6, and it
>> is working after installing: I moved my /opt/ out of way, and it
>> gets installed in a new directory /opt/. It is rather large though
>> 1.86 GB compared to the LilyPond app, which is less than 100 MB.
>
> Ouch, this is far too huge.  Please send the (compressed) `ls -lR'
> output of dmg's `/opt/' tree for a closer inspection.

Too late! Removed, as I had to use my regular /opt/. But you can get the
installer if you so like. It is probably so large because it just selects whole
packages like texlive. But one can refine:
  https://trac.macports.org/wiki/TeXLivePackages

>> The first time I ran the command above, I got an error (below), but
>> running it again created the distribution.
>
>> Error: Failed to mpkg lilypond-devel: invalid command name ""
>> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/
>>
>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lilypond-devel/
>>       lilypond-devel/main.log
>> for details.
>
> And what does this log file say?

It is overwritten on the second successful run, but it didn't give any extra
info.