GSOC and stylesheet work

From: Daniel Benjamin Miller
Subject: GSOC and stylesheet work
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 09:00:46 -0500

Hi all:

I'm an undergraduate student at McGill University. As I've personally wanted to tweak LilyPond to improve the stylistic output of my scores, I was hoping to do some work on LilyPond this summer, perhaps through GNU's involvement in GSOC. I have some background in font design (although mostly with outline fonts, not METAFONT, as I've only messed around with that), and would be interested in improving either the font or stylesheet support (so, sort of touching on two suggestions in the project list from last year). My main caveat is that I'm not especially experienced in Scheme (mostly having just messed around with it for LilyPond purposes), though I'm eager to learn more and interested in working on these issues, esp. if a mentor is available.

Are there any comments/suggestions on the current status of these components and what I might be best advised to look at/work on?

Thanks!

DBM