Re: Gvim point and click guide

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Gvim point and click guide
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 00:48:49 +0000

On 2/26/19, 4:32 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Andrew Bernard"
<address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

    There's been a lot of long discussion about how to get gvim going with
    point and click lately. I finally achieved this, but found the NR missing
    important information, and to be ever so slightly in error. To that, I
    wrote a fully fleshed out howto page on what to do. I posted it to the user
    group, with not a sniff of interest. I believe what I wrote would be a
    worthwhile contribution to the NR in this area.

    How does one go about submitting this to the documentation team?

Right now, there isn't a documentation team.  We're running very short-handed.

I'd be willing to guide you to prepare a patch for submission, if you'd be
willing to learn the steps.

I'm not sure exactly how you envision this going into the documentation.  You
suggest the NR, but you don't say where in the NR.   All of the information I
am aware of on configuring LilyPond with vim is found in the Usage manual, not
the Notation Reference.  But your information is much more tutorial in form
than is Usage.  So I'd like to hear where you think it should go.

It will be easier to get a patch approved if you can have it work within the
existing framework, rather than trying to completely remake the framework.

In reviewing your tutorial, I noticed that you have installed lilypond in your
home directory, rather than in /usr/local.   That may be why you see the error
message and others do not, but I am just guessing; I don't have an Ubuntu 18
setup.

Thanks,

Carl