Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:57:57 +0100 (CET)

>> I don't have access to a mac, I don't think that I know anybody who
>> uses one within a 20 miles radius, and my knowledge of MacOS is
>> almost limited to the single information that it does exist.
>> Therefore I definitely will not work on 64-bit mac support in gub.

I just want to remark that building lilypond on recent MacOS versions
work just fine (see, for example, the `lilypond-devel' package for
MacPorts).

> Could anyone describe the process GUB uses to produce the current
> macOS installer?  Maybe at least a starting point for research on
> 64-bit macOS builds could be determined.  Or at a "guided tour" of
> GUB sources in this area, to help newcomers to the code understand
> what they'll be looking at.

We don't have that yet, sorry.  The process of providing 64bit support
would start with defining `darwin-64' as an allowed platform to build
on and to build for, then looking for a suitable Apple SDK for
compilation and installation.[*] All follow-up problems probably have
to be solved case by case.

    Werner

[*] It should be the one with the lowest version possible so that
    older 64bit MacOS versions are not excluded.