Re: Please test gub

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 20:20:09 +0100

Le vendredi 08 février 2019 à 22:19 +0100, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> > - addition of texinfo/txi-pt.tex from Texinfo sources, as
> Portuguese
> > translation has been added and I don't have Texinfo installed in
> GUB
> > host system;
>
> ???  What exactly needs Portuguese?  Lilypond doesn't, AFAICS.

In stable/2.20 here's a translation of the website in this language,
and a PDF of the website is built and even shipped in the documentation
tarball and the website, e.g. look at the end of the file list on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/
Is there some practical usage of web*.pdf documents, or shall we
prevent their building?

BTW I'm surprised to see that the doc compiled for offline usage is
uploaded to lilypond.org instead of the doc to be served online with
content negotiation; I must have missed something about this during my
several years long LilyPond hibernation.

> Yeah, it would be nice to know whether this is a Python issue that
> can
> be corrected by using a newer version, or whether a gub programming
> error.

I'm almost certain GUB Python code runs under Python installation of
the OS, and Ubuntu 14.05 with available updates applied I used for GUB
provides 2.7.6. I think it's a programming error, but I doubt this non-
clean build issue has a higher priority than other items like Python
update in GUB.

BTW it was me the guy who proposed to work on this, and  I've completed
nearly 3/4 of the migration of a big patch for cross-building Python
2.7; lots of tests of Python scripts in binaries may be necessary when
this is ready to be built.

Best
--
John Mandereau