Re: Please test gub

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 23:31:07 +0100

On 06.02.19 15:09, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
That leaves the two problems of

- LLVMgold.so in /usr/lib/bfd-plugins shadowing liblto_plugin.so
   (I rm'ed LLVMgold.so there for the purpose of the above gub run.)
This is definitely *not* a gub issue.  It's strange that only the
compilation of guile is affected by the problem, but I consider this a
pure coincidence.  IOW, this should be added to the gub documentation,
as a special preparation step for some LLVM/binutils combinations.

I agree.

- the need to make sure that `python` calls a python2 interpreter.
No idea how this could be solved elegantly.  I guess it can't, so we
have again something to document...

Use /usr/bin/env python2? Does every python 2.x installation really contain a
python2 executable?

I think we also would need to change some lilypond files ...

Knut