Re: New feature: automatically invert chords or drop/rise chord notes (i

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: New feature: automatically invert chords or drop/rise chord notes (issue 365840043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 10:53:47 +0100

much like a suspended chord (the whole point of `drop n’ transformations
being to change the bass note).

This statement surprises me. I always thought of 'drop n' (with 'drop 2' being the most common one) as a means to transform closed-harmony _upper_ voices into open harmony _upper_ voices, without changing the bass at all. (Which is consistent with the notion that the differentiation between closed vs. open harmony only is concerned with the upper voices, so <c e' g' c''> is a closed harmony voicing with drop-2 variant <c g e' c''>.)

But it might be that it's just different stylistic 'homelands' showing up here, in my case, a mostly classical basso continuo-background.

Lukas