LilyDev - some questions

From: Peter Teeson
Subject: LilyDev - some questions
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 16:24:06 -0400

My gear: Mac Pro Desktop, Yosemite 10.10.5, VBox 5.2.10 + Guest Additions and
LilyDev VM setup and runnable.

I’m familiar with VBox and VM’s. Also marginally familiar with Linux (Debian
via Raspbian ->Raspberry Pi 2B)
I am working with the Contributor’s Guide for LilyPond 2.19.81

My questions:
(1) The LilyDev vdi is on a partition on one of my HD’s. The HD has EFI.
      The LilyDev.box  is in my ~/VirtualBox VMs/LilyDev folder on the MacOS
boot drive which has EFI
      EFI is enabled in the VM

      When booting the VM console shows a message saying boot failed EFI
DVD/CDROM.
      Plus a bunch of other console messages which fly by too fast for me to
capture.
     ( I don’t know where to look for the console log file)

      But booting continues OK to the point of being able to login dev.

      Should I care about the console messages?

(2) Hardware Clock in UTC time is checked in VM System Settings (as is EFI)
     On my host machine I use a 24 hour clock display. My local time is UTC – 4
(DST).
     So for example Toronto time is presently 16:07 and UTC is 20:07.
     But LilyDev shows 22:07 on the login screen.

    Sorry but I do not how to correct this. Should I care?

(3) I ran the Terminal and did ./setup.sh. It appears to have downloaded the
needed got repo’s.
      Looking at that script it seems I do not need to exec lily-git.tcl?
(actually lilypond-git I think)

(4) The main desktop screen shows a popup about 770 updates for
dnfdragora-update.

      What does this mean and what am I rto doubt it?

TIA

respect

Peter