Re: LaissezVibrerTie and LaissezVibrerTieColumn

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LaissezVibrerTie and LaissezVibrerTieColumn
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 15:29:10 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> Is this appropiate?
>
> "cause" here is the actual tie event triggering the column.  I think
> that it should rather be the first tie, making the
> LaissezVibrerTieColumn a grob with ultimately identifiable cause but not
> a directly caused grob.  Then it should be ignored by the
> Parenthesis_engraver.  This would involve changing
>
>   SCM cause = tie_ev->self_scm ();
>
>   if (!lv_column_)
>     lv_column_ = make_item ("LaissezVibrerTieColumn", cause);
>
>   Grob *lv_tie = make_item ("LaissezVibrerTie", cause);
>
> into
>
>   SCM cause = tie_ev->self_scm ();
>
>   Grob *lv_tie = make_item ("LaissezVibrerTie", cause);
>
>   if (!lv_column_)
>     lv_column_ = make_item ("LaissezVibrerTieColumn", lv_tie->self_scm ());
>
> I don't think that it would be a problem to have the tie created before
> its column.

Tracker issue: 5222 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5222/)
Rietveld issue: 331080043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/331080043)
Issue description:
  Stop \parenthesize\laissezVibrer causing programming errors

I don't think I'd have an issue with fast-tracking this one once it
passed the regtests.