Re: inchord repeatTie

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: inchord repeatTie
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:43:00 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> on user it's complained that repeatTie is not printed in chord. Most recent:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-10/msg00290.html
>
> Because I don't know C++ I simply tested to copy all from
> laissez-vibrer-tie-engraver.cc into repeat-tie-engraver.cc, renaming
> all ofcourse.
> I have a successful build.
>
> The example works:
> {
>     <
>      c'\laissezVibrer
>      e'
>      g'^\repeatTie
>     >
> }
>
> Right now I wait for make check finishing.
> Have to leave soon, results probably in the evening, though.
>
> Could it be that easy??

Well, it's usually not all that much harder than that, but I'd expect a
few spots to require changes in order to make up for more fundamental
differences.  Note that the Rhythmic_event_iterator will check for stuff
like { g'\repeatTie } whether there is an engraver listening before
deciding whether to leave the event to the discretion of the likes of
"New_fingering_engraver" and keep it on the g' or whether to strip it
off and announce it separately to engravers.

So there may be other side effects _outside_ of chords by adding such an
engraver.