Re: Doc: Add section on SVG to Contributor (issue 328450043 by address@h

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: Add section on SVG to Contributor (issue 328450043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 12:24:05 -0700

On 2017/09/04 19:11:57, Ebe123 wrote:
While not technically a programming language, PostScript is also
listed :)

Uh, you are aware that PostScript _is_ a programming language?  In
contrast, PDF is a file format.  That's why there are rather few
programs working with or displaying PostScript (you always need a
full-blown interpreter with unknown performance requirements for any
particular file and a file may well hang) and a plethora of PDF
viewers/processor.

As far as I can tell, SVG is, just like PDF, a file format.  There is no
programming language included and we don't write code in it like it is
done in ps/music-drawing-routines.ps .

So please don't go overboard with presenting things as being in the same
problem class when they aren't.

https://codereview.appspot.com/328450043/