Re: how to have a mentor and send scm files modified to the responsib

From: James
Subject: Re: how to have a mentor and send scm files modified to the responsible for the development
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 14:27:54 +0100

Hello Hassan,

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:38:29 +0200 (CEST)
address@hidden wrote:

> Hello everybody
> I installed lilypond-git and I made changes to the files
> Lily-library.scm and define-note-names.scm. In addition I have added
> a file Hel_arabic_makam.ly an altenative to arabic.ly.
> I tested these files and it works very well.
> I would like to know how to make changes
> To those responsible for the development of lilypond.
> And How to have a mentor
> thank you very much
> hassan el fatihi

Thank you for taking the time with LilyPond.

What I suggest you do is make a git formatted patch (based on current
master) and upload it to Rietveld which is our standard Code Review
method.

See:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor-big-page.html#uploading-a-patch-for-review

There are some pre-requisites that will need setting up in terms of
your Google Code review login and if you are intending to do more
patches in the future you may want to apply for write access to the
Tracker

See:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor-big-page#commit-access

If this is just a one-off patch then you can send it to this group
(please make sure that you include a short but informative commit
message) and one of us can shepherd this patch for you.

Regards

James