Re: Lilypond/LSR graphics

From: James
Subject: Re: Lilypond/LSR graphics
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 11:32:16 +0000

Hello,

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:38:16 +0100
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Seba needed to move the LSR to a new server.
> Most problems seems to be fixed now apart from those below.
>
> I've no experience with a jailed LilyPond, so any help appreciated.
>
> >From the logs: I'm not sure about those texgyre warnings, those
> >fonts
> were not required with 2.18.2. Also I vaguely seem to remember about
> some problems with gs 9.20 and/or cairo, (I may be wrong here.)

version 2.19.26

TexGyre fonts were introduced here:

https://codereview.appspot.com/258250043/

(August 2015).

Most linux distributions will install the OTF files from
their local repos

fonts-texgyre

Some even include them now as part of the 'build-dep' LilyPond files
that you can download.

See:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor-big-page#requirements-for-compiling-lilypond

This lists a number of the more 'popular' distributions step-by-step to
install all the required dependencies.

However in the 'Other' Linux section at the end, I have documented this
for those that don't provide the OTF files for the fonts.

--snip--

TeX Gyre ‘OTF’ font packages. As of LilyPond version 2.19.26, the
previous default serif, san serif and monospace fonts now use Tex
Gyre’s Schola, Heros and Cursor fonts respectively. Also See Fonts.

Some distributions do not always provide ‘OTF’ font files in the Tex
Gyre packages from their repositories. Use the command fc-list | grep
texgyre to list the fonts available to your system and check that the
appropriate *.otf files are reported. If they are not then download and
manually extract the ‘OTF’ files to either your local ~/.fonts/
directory or use the configure command and the
--with-texgyre-dir=/path_to_otf_files/ option.

The following font families are required:

Schola - http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/schola
Heros - http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/heros
Cursor - http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/cursor

--snip--

Also the same developer (Masamichi Hosada) added support for creating
the PDFs with 'XeteX' (*if* it is installed) to create the PDFs instead
of the default pdf2tex - I don't know if that matters to the LSR.

Finally, and there are some trackers for this (including to update the
CG), Masamichi updated the configure scripts to post a warning if URW++
fonts are not installed - but they are not 'required'.

https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/search/?q=URW

I hope this helps.

James