serious dblatex problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: serious dblatex problem
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 06:58:48 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

dblatex version 0.3.5 (as used in openSuSE 42.1, for example) is
incompatible with recent TeXLive versions (in particular, the recent
version of `multirow.sty'), cf.

This is a very serious bug.  Unfortunately, you have to use the hg
version of dblatex (or using the latest tagged release, 0.3.9,
together with some debian patches), since no new release has been
published yet with the proper fix.

Is it worth to do a check in lilypond's configuration, for example,
testing whether dblatex works at all?  The bug makes *all* documents
fail, even the simplest

I use TeXLive[*] directly, not the packages provided by openSuSE,
where my dblatex originally came from.  To avoid dependency issues
with openSuSE's TeX packages, I use `texlive-dummy-opensuse' to
suppress them.  (Meanwhile I've installed dblatex directly from the hg
repository.)

Note that people using TeXLive via GNU/Linux distribution packages
won't see this issue because the maintainers certainly apply the
debian fix, but this might not be future-proof.

    Werner

[*] Or rather the SVN version of TeXLive, but this doesn't matter
    here.