Re: warning: compressing over-full page by 12.4 staff-spaces

From: oldsap
Subject: Re: warning: compressing over-full page by 12.4 staff-spaces
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:39:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi Simon

Many thanks for the reply.

You were right about the skylines.  The debug shows a huge spike above the
first staff on the page.  Trouble is, that staff shows only rests for the
measures where the spike occurs, so not sure why the skyline shoots up.  The
second staff shows normal skylines, with some notes above the staff and a
triplet mark all properly outlined.

I tried locating the problem, reducing the score to one voice, and commenting
out the lyrics.  I then commented out the notes, working back from 160 bars to
just 15, and the problem persisted.  Tried commenting out every setting and
override statement to no avail.  Finally removed all references to a great long
globalTempo definition that I suppose Rosegarden inserted to regulate the MIDI
output, and BINGO, the score looks fine, with skylines under control.

Thanks again

Cheers