Re: Delay import of `midi' module. (issue 297420043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Delay import of `midi' module. (issue 297420043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 03:24:51 -0700

On 2016/05/31 07:13:04, dak wrote:
https://codereview.appspot.com/297420043/diff/1/scripts/midi2ly.py
File scripts/midi2ly.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/297420043/diff/1/scripts/midi2ly.py#newcode925
scripts/midi2ly.py:925: import midi
Doesn't this merely work by chance?

If running the script depends on the midi module being compiled, the
solution
would obviously be to tell that to Make with an appropriate
dependency.

What   a    crock.

Ok, running the script with just --version or --help does indeed not
need the midi module.  I thought you tried changing the timing of
executing the script when it is "just" changing the dependencies when
called with particular options for the sake of help2man.

This is ugly as whatever but likely will do the trick.  Now I have no
idea why I (or anybody else) did not hit this problem previously, but it
would appear I need this patch to get staging-patchy through.

I don't have your exact commit message.  Can you push this right to
staging or to some branch where I can find it or do a git-send-email of
it to the developer list?

Thanks.

https://codereview.appspot.com/297420043/