Re: Patch

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Patch
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 15:59:07 +0200

Am 27.05.2016 um 06:11 schrieb Steven Weber:
> Hey lily-dev!
>

> Since I don't have an official mentor and the recommendation is that you
> send your first couple of patches to your mentor first, I thought I'd send
> it to the list and see if someone can take a look.

I think this is a good first step.

> This patch adds the non-default property to the KeySignature grob - it
> behaves exactly like the non-default property on the Clef grob.  I've tested
> it out in my dev environment and it does what I expect it to do.
>

> Any feedback or next steps I should take?

provide us with a test file and explanations what it should do.

Go to the Contributor's Guide and try figuring out what is necessary to
upload your patch for review.

I think the first two pages should be

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/git_002dcl

and

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/uploading-a-patch-for-review

Probably you'll need some more context from the chapters 2 and 3 as well.

When you have set up your system properly you should come back to us and
ask for the necessary accounts to upload the patch for review.

Once you have successfully uploaded your patch and passed the whole
review cycle someone else will have to push it for you. At some later
point, when you have submitted a certain number of patches you may ask
far push access yourself.

HTH
Urs