Re: Introduce markup-list-command table (issue 289980043 by address@hidd

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Introduce markup-list-command table (issue 289980043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:34:22 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/289980043/diff/40001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm
File scm/define-markup-commands.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/289980043/diff/40001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode4724
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:4724: The number of columns is specifies
by @var{columns}.  Each column may be aligned
On 2016/01/31 13:43:30, dak wrote:
Where is the point in specifying the number of columns when it is
(length
column-align)?  Or am I overlooking something?

Although you're correct:
while testing, I found it comfortable to write a longer list for
column-align than the number of columns, because I could easily change
between different numbers of columns.
I've let it unchanged for now, though I'll not insist on it.
Should I change this as well?

Is xoff needed or can one just write

\put-adjacent #X #RIGHT \hspace #3 \table ...

or use \pad-x or similar (strangely, we don't seem to have horizontal
equivalents to \raise and \lower).

A number of other commands does not offer an explicit indent, so I
don't quite
see that this command would be special.

Good point. x-off removed.

https://codereview.appspot.com/289980043/