Re: Snippet 706: Generating custom flags

From: Masamichi HOSODA
Subject: Re: Snippet 706: Generating custom flags
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 00:38:56 +0900 (JST)

It seems that LuaTeX can not build LilyPond documents due to LuaTeX's bug.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2016-01/msg00055.html

Moreover, recent LuaTeX seems to have made significant changes
to the PDF-related function.
Perhaps, latest LuaTeX can not use current texinfo.tex.

On the other hand, XeTeX seems better than LuaTeX.

I've tried texinfo.tex ver. 2016-01-04.21 and following patches with XeTeX.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2016-01/msg00064.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2016-01/msg00060.html

Command:
$ PDFTEX=xetex make -j 16 CPU_COUNT=16 doc

As a result, there are still errors, but some of the PDFs is able to generate.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGBX3PDrqjsT3ZmV3pEV19lZk0/view?usp=sharing

In the case of XeTeX:
Snippet `Generating custom flags' works fine.
But, essay can not generate due to error.
And, I've noticed that all PDF bookmarks are not generated.
There may be many other problems.