Re: thoughts on changing \magnifyMusic, please comment

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: thoughts on changing \magnifyMusic, please comment
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:01:40 +0200

Mark Polesky <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm wondering whether I should do either of these:
> 1) rename \magnifyMusic to \magnifyVoice
> 2) change the \magnifyMusic interface to match \magnifyStaff
>
> Regarding #2, currently \magnifyStaff can be used in a
> Staff's \with block, but \magnifyMusic *can't* be used in a
> Voice's \with block.  \magnifyStaff settings are reverted by
> issuing `\magnifyStaff 1',

Does that mean that magnifyStaff would not refer to the previous value
of properties?  Because if it did, \magnifyStaff 1 would seem like a
noop.

If it doesn't, it might be mapped to a sequence of overrides.  If that
would be the case, it would mean that you could use

\temporary \magnifyStaff 1.3
\undo \magnifyStaff 1.3

and indeed \magnifyMusic could then be implemented in such a manner if
it is still desired, though its size would not be relative to the
current size.