Re: Don't depend on obsolete Guile features. (issue 109230043 by address

From: Devon Schudy
Subject: Re: Don't depend on obsolete Guile features. (issue 109230043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 11:14:54 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
> The stack is scanned automatically in GUILEv1 already.  That's
> extensively used.

Huh, so it is. I thought the conservative GC was new in Guile 2, but
apparently the change was not that dramatic.

> For Guile 2.1, it might make sense to enquire on the Guile
> developer list what one is supposed to use instead.

I asked, and Ludovic Courtès suggested simply implementing our own
version of protects. In Guile 2, there's no longer anything special
about the built-in protects; it's just a convenience, and it can be
recreated in less than a page.

Are the memory-leak debugging tools important enough to bother?