Re: access to all remote branches

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: access to all remote branches
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:39:26 -0500

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Benkő Pál <address@hidden> wrote:
hi,

> I've had to reinstall LilyDev, and I'm no longer able to see all of the
> remote branches.  When I run
>
> git branch -a
>
> I simply see:
>
> dev/local_working
> master
> remotes/origin/master

you may have cloned only the master branch.  try
git fetch --all

Now I remember having used that command before.  Unfortunately, when I try it now I still get the three branches.  Could it be something I need to change in a config file?  Running git config --list gives me:

user.name=David Nalesnik
user.email=address@hidden
remote.origin.url="" href="http://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git">address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git
core.repositoryformatversion=0
core.filemode=true
core.bare=false
core.logallrefupdates=true
remote.origin.url="" href="http://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git">address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git
remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
branch.master.remote=origin
branch.master.merge=refs/heads/master
branch.master.rebase=true

--David